Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Credit Cards

a little more on the credit cards. We have a square, for those of you not familiar with it, it is a small, square(if you can believe it) device that plugs into your headphone jack on a smart phone. This device allows me to accept payment from the 4 major credit card companies at a flat per use rate. This is awesome for those like me who do business only a few months out of the year. If I do not swipe a card, i pay nothing for the gizmo, or the service, only when I use it. the gizmo was free as well.

There are some limitations to it, it can only process $1000 a week, or anything over $1K will be held for roughly 30 days. I'm told i can get that adjusted, but so far don't see the need. Payment from the company to me is a couple days, so for a Sat/Sun Show...I get the 1st payment on tues, and the rest on Wed. Manual entries can be a little tedious especially if you are typing on a cell phone keypad with knockwurst fingers.

I am not promoting Square, just speaking of my experience so far. There other similar services out there, such as intuit go payment. I will continue to update on the experience and see the impact if any on sales when you accept Credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment