Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back to the Blog

It's been nearly a year since i visited this page, I've kept busy doing by w2 job overnights and pottery during the day. I know thats backwards for most people, but it works for me, although at times I'm not sure which is moonlighting anymore.

Over the past year, Kiesha and I have been deciding where and what we are going to do with the pottery side of our lives. We both love it, but it is very time consuming at times. Don't fret we are continuing, and also working towards expanding our market. I have been reading marketing books and searching the internet for ways to help us achieve our goal of being self sustaining potters.

We have begun giving lessons on the wheel, and working on creating a workshop for pitfiring, so if you are interested send us a line.

We have also been doing custom stoneware and earthenware orders, not that we have our own unique glazes, but we do know how to glaze and fire a piece.

We are about 36 hours out from the Brookings Summer Arts Festival and ready to go. We have started accepting credit cards via Square this year, and it will be interesting to see how it effects sales now that we accept credit cards.

I will try to update this more often, mainly with random thoughts and ideas, which I refer to brain drippings. I will still utilize Facebook for daily photos and regular updates, but this is another way to rant/rave/ converse/ whatever with less character limitations.


No comments:

Post a Comment