Saturday, September 3, 2011

popularity of old work

It was very odd last weekend at ArtRocks and I have been thinking about it all week.  The pieces that created the most buzz and got "petted" the most were from a couple years ago.  They were foil saggar'd tiles in wide wood frames I had made from scrap wood.  Even a couple of fellow artisans who see at many festivals over the summer commented on them.  I had these in a box for the last year or more, never even crossed my mind to grab them, but I did for ArtRocks to save space.

I will bring them again next weekend(Sept 10) to Sidewalk Arts, but it was just odd how pieces from a few years back, and didn't go over very well then, made and impact now.  Here is a photo of a group of them.


I remember reading a post on Ceramic Arts Daily from Chris Campbell regarding the sensation of people asking for her old work.  I guess I know what she meant, not that I totally understand it.

Also its that time of year to look at expanding our gallery representation, which is something i've neglected over the past year or so.  We would like to keep within a 4-6 hr radius from Sioux Falls, but may consider elsewhere.  So if you know a gallery looking, or would like to see our work locally where you live, help me make a connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment